Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"NEWBIES"

    

 Here is another passage introducing our Oldies and Newbies  to sewing/quilting!!







    In follow-up to our introduction of young sewers and quilters, meet Rachel, of Ontario who is the 7 year old granddaughter of Estella MacDonald.  On their way to Florida in January (more Snowbirds!), they made a stop at Rachel's house for a visit.  Estella set up her sewing machine, that she of course brings south with her, and showed Rachel a couple of things.  Rachel then, sewed on her own.  She did lettering and all.  How great is that?
    So last week on the phone, Rachel asked her Grandmother when she was coming again, so that they could sew.
   You had best follow up on that Estella!!



    As a sideline and addition to the above story, I thought I would show you the introduction of Annabelle, my 2 year old granddaughter to the exciting world of the sewing machine.  'Tis a  super special bonding activity.  We will see how the years progress ... as it is she loves my sewing room and the excitement of THE machine and I love to have her on my knee!!



    Send me your photos and stories folks.

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie that Annabelle is, Kathy!You'll have her sewing before long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love all these kids who love to be with their Grammies in the sewing room!! I can see a kids class in the future, can you!! Love the post KF.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Mill Quilt Guild September 2024

Our Show & Tell  September 16th, 2024 Victoria Quilt Charity Draw.  Quilt A : Log Cabin Quilt  B  New Brunswick. Quilt C: Winter Mauree...