Friday, January 7, 2022

A New Year and New Completed Projects

Like you, I'm wishing we could meet in person to share our finishes and to work on our projects while chatting away with our fellow guild members.  Since this cannot be at this time, I'm happy to post some beautiful work just completed by Barb E.

Barb said "All scraps! I cannot see a difference in the storage drawer. If the triangles had been all the same color, I would have had a lot less stress!  It is called ARROWHEADS. I saw the picture on Facebook. The only clue I had , she said it was a place to use a CHARM pkg."




Barb also made the following and said "A pressing mat. I make a baby blanket and topstitched teflon fabric....the gray cover on an ironing board....on the plain side. This time I quilted strips to the diagonal white strip onto the 8 inch square of batting, making sure the strips were 3/8 inch bigger than batt for seams. I added purple fabric to the other side and this is where I sewed Teflon, on top of purple.  There are 2 layers of batt in the middle.  Every piece was scrap. Then I quilted stitch in the ditch straight lines through everything...5 lines. I use mine on my glass stove top or on a wooden TV tray.

I also made makeup remover pads, to be washed and reused - two layers of flannelette and one layer of cotton.  I cut 3 inch circles, stacked them, zigzaged edges.  

Finally I can see a small clear space in my storage drawer!"



Great work, Barb.  It's such a great feeling to see a big dent in the scraps and thanks for the ideas on how to use them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Mill Quilt Guild's March Meeting

 Monday March 18th, 2024 Show & Tell Orphan Blocks quilt for our guild by Joyce N. Joyce made a beautiful NB scenes quilt to be raffled ...