Friday, July 31, 2020

Summer is flying by but this colourful bag reminds us it's still here!

Angela L.P. has created the following lovely bag for her cousin  Following is her commentary on her construction.

"I made this bag for my cousin who loves orange.  

Pictured is the book I got used and various stages of the process. My featherweight was a charmer sewing through osnaburg, 2 layers of batting, muslin and cotton lining. (double that for seams). 

The bag front is put together in sections with partial seams. I used 2 strands of DMC floss to hand stitch the long stitches. I did not stitch into the lining, just the batting and muslin. The little squares, 1”, are machine quilted are about 1/16”. and once that was done, the “woven” effect of the osnaburg was revived. The diamond orange quilting on the base and back show well. I put 2 layers of 1” batting in the handles.
I think my cousin will be pleased with it. "











Lovely work, Angela.  Quite a few steps but the end result is worth it.  I'm sure your cousin will love it.

Summer activities and the heat do slow down our sewing and quilting but if anyone has a completed project to share, please do send your pictures.

Happy sewing,
Gloria P.



No comments:

Post a Comment

April 15th, 2024

Our retreat Table Topper  Jennifer completed her granddaughters quilt.  I was quilted by Joan. Estella completed a beautiful quilt. Estella ...