Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Our first post for June

I hope all were safe and sound through Friday night's storm.  It sure was a doozie.

We have our first quilts for June.  Kathy F. has been busy making these sweet quilts for family.  

Kathy said "I have two nephews are going to be fathers this summer. 🎉I have made each baby an I Spy quilt based on the hexagon pattern with triangles. I did the free motion quilting myself in a lazy meandering style, which is comfort pattern and easy for me. When is bordered in blue, and one is bordered in green. I always loved playing the game “I spy with my little eye” with my kids. By the time children are 12 months to  two years, they can identify everything in these quilts depending how much parents play it with them.  They both have alphabet backs. ISpy quilts are great educational and a fun type of literacy quilt.😊"






Wonderful work, Kathy.

I will continue to post pictures received right through the summer and hopefully we can meet again this fall.

Happy sewing
Gloria P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Mill Quilt Guild's March Meeting

 Monday March 18th, 2024 Show & Tell Orphan Blocks quilt for our guild by Joyce N. Joyce made a beautiful NB scenes quilt to be raffled ...