Monday, May 25, 2020


Colour Wash 

Joyce N. makes colour wash look easy but those of us who have joined in her class know there's a lot of thought required to make those colours flow.   What a great way to use up scraps and look at the quilting!  Joyce's talent is shining through and I love the backing.
Following is her description of her quilt.

"This is about the tenth quilt in my Colourwash String series. I started making these strings without a plan, but before I was done I had three plans! So, this is the first - Spiral. It is about 50" by 70", machine pieced on broadcloth foundations, free motion quilted on my Brother PQ1500. The backing is a cotton sateen that I picked up in the Cayman Islands earlier this year. Nothing on the selvedge, so I can't give you any info, except that it was 60" wide, so I didn't have to piece it (yay!) So now I guess it's on to plan #2."







Happy sewing,
Gloria P.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Mill Quilt Guild's March Meeting

 Monday March 18th, 2024 Show & Tell Orphan Blocks quilt for our guild by Joyce N. Joyce made a beautiful NB scenes quilt to be raffled ...